8.30.2011

That's Motherhood

My little boy is two weeks old today.  It's been a total blur!  Before my mother left last Thursday, I was physically feeling so much better, but still crying uncontrollably.  As I'd been relying on my mother's expertise to coach me through all the other aches and pains, I also asked her about this: "When will the crying stop?"  She welled up with tears herself and said, "It never stops.  That's motherhood.  There will be moments when you feel so much love that your chest can't hold your heart."

Even today (and I'm admittedly sleep deprived), I'm holding my baby boy and rocking him to sleep and the tears come again.  I just feel so much love that my chest can't hold my heart.  I just want to freeze this moment in time and revisit it whenever I want.  There is nothing better than cuddling a sleeping baby, my son, hearing his breathing while he is calmed by my heartbeat.  It's so hard late at night when all I want to do is put him to bed so that I can also get some sleep!  But too soon these days will be gone.  I want to soak up every minute.

I cry less now, and they are happy tears, but I don't expect them to ever disappear.  That's motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...